I know I’m Not the Only One
Listen to the Show
- MOXIE GIRLS! Netflix released MOXIE on March 3rd, 2021 and it was met with some serious criticism. It was based on the young adult novel written by Jennifer Mathieu. My guest this week is Carly Adams and we dive in to representation, feminism, and how the movie adaptation deviates away from the Moxie movement being […]
- Felicity is a late '90s/early '00s classic that the American college experience through the eyes of the protagonist of the same name. Dubbed many things, it was the only show of the fall 1998 season critics were excited about. In this episode my very special guest and I discuss our love for Felicity, how progressive […]
- Soul is Pixar's first animated feature with a predominately Black cast, which of course lead to criticism AND praise. Christina Kay and I take a look at how Soul affected us emotionally before stepping back and looking at the bigger impact this film had on cinema and pop culture. Let's Get Social Pop Culture Makes […]
- When Harry Met Sally is arguably the best the rom com of all time. Guest Libby Saylor from The Goddess Attainable stops by to talk about how Sally Albright is a strong confident woman who doesn't change herself; whether or not Nora Ephron knew the cultural impact of introducing high maintenance and low maintenance women […]
- It's October 3rd. And you know what that means? It's that fateful day that Aaron Samuels asked Cady Heron the date and what are we doing here at Pop Culture Makes Me Jealous about it? We are discussing MEAN GIRLS! Christina Kay is back and we dive deep into whether or not Mean Girls is […]
Let’s make something together.